There are other higher Girlguiding UK awards e.g. The Silver Fish and The Laurel Award, these have complex criteria and need to be discussed with Commissioners before making a nomination.
- Recommendations for all awards should be in consultation with Unit Leaders, District Commissioners or Division Commissioners. They can be submitted by anyone involved with Girlguiding but must be signed by Division Commissioners /County Commissione.
- Recommendations may be sent to the Worcestershire County Office at any time but must be received by the 31 May 2017. An awards panel will meet to discuss the awards.
- Recipients (and a guest) will be invited to the annual Thanks & Recognition Tea on Sunday 29 October 2017 to receive their awards. A short citation will be read with each award. Division Commissioners will receive a list of recipients, and also any unsuccessful nominees, for their Division.
- Recipients of the Midland Region Chief Commissioner Award will be notified separately and invited to attend a ceremony by Midlands
What to take into consideration when nominating for an award:
- Maintain confidentiality – the nominee should not know of the application
- In what capacity do you know the person and for how long.
- Describe her personal attributes and what makes her stand out from others, try to give examples and build up her character.
- Describe her Guiding Service – her achievements, roles in which she was/is outstanding with examples.
- Describe her influence on others – leadership skills, innovative ideas, inspirational work, training skills, supporting adults & girls.
- What makes her special.
- Describe any special event or project where she made an outstanding contribution.
- Any other aspects of her life which are relevant to the award.