Nomination Form for Awards
The Nominee can be a member or non-member of Girlguiding but should fulfil the criteria as detailed in the guidelines.
Anyone can nominate, all forms must be signed by Division/County Commissioner
- Recommendations for all awards should be in consultation with Unit Leaders, District Commissioners or Division Commissioners. They can be submitted by anyone involved with Guiding but must be signed by Division Commissioners /County Commissioner
- Recommendations may be sent to the Worcestershire County Office at any time but must be received by the end of April. An awards panel will meet to discuss the awards.
- Recipients will be invited to the annual Thanks & Recognition (T&R) event to receive their awards. Division Commissioners will receive a list of recipients for their Division.
- The award will be given at the T&R and a short citation will be read out with each award.
- County Commissioner commendation certificate and YL/Ranger certificate may be presented at any time of the year.
- Recipients of the Midland Region Chief Commissioner Award will be notified & invited to attend a ceremony by Midlands
What to take into consideration when nominating for an award:
- Maintain confidentiality – the nominee should not know of the application
- In what capacity do you know the person and for how long.
- Describe her personal attributes and what makes her stand out from others, try to give examples and build up her character.
- Describe her Guiding Service -her achievements, roles in which she was/is outstanding with examples.
- Describe her influence on others-Leadership skills, innovative ideas, inspirational work, training skills, supporting adults & girls.
- What makes her special.
- Describe any special event or project where she made an outstanding contribution.
- Any other aspects of her life which are relevant to the award.